Friday, July 07, 2006

 
Today was another opportunity to give blood for testing. Sometimes it feels like I should be given a special discount since I give blood so often. Test results should be in next week.

I feel so much better and I am sure it is due to the increase in the Methotrexate. The last time I was at this level of Methotrexate it started to affect my liver. I am taking the Pacquenil (or however it is spelled) but it will probably take another 3-4 weeks before it has built up enough to be effective.

My hands are quiet swollen and my knuckles are getting so large - it really isn't very pretty. But then again, I am looking for these things and most other people aren't.

Speaking of other things that aren't so pretty - my legs. The erythema nodosum has scarred my legs. I have places where the fat layer has been damaged and I have indentions in my legs. I don't want to wear skirts because I am self-conscious of the deforming look of my legs -- of course, most people would never notice.

Just one more affect of RA - overly self-conscious.
ElaineH.

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?